The 2nd T20I will be held on Tuesday, January 7, 2020, at 7:00 PM IST. The match between India and Sri Lanka will take place at the Holkar Stadium, Indore.
There has been heavy dew cover on the outfield for the last couple of days. While the use of the anti-dew spray is expected to reduce that on the match day, it will still be enough for teams to want to chase. Expect the temperature to hover around 14 degrees Celsius with a mild breeze.
The hosts are unlikely to make any change to their XI from Guwahati. Much like India, there is little reason for Sri Lanka to shift from their XI from the washed-out encounter. The washout in Guwahati has ensured that the two teams will be coming to Indore fresh despite only a day’s break.
For Sri Lanka, Indore is unlikely to bring happy memories. The last time they were here, in 2017, Rohit Sharma had smashed the joint-fastest T20I century and had turned the contest into a one-sided affair.
The worry for the visitors is that it is expected to be another high-scoring affair, and India will be coming in as overwhelming favorites. KL Rahul, who too had blitzed his way to a 49-ball 89 in an effort that was overshadowed in that match, will be trying to stake a claim for himself as the second preferred opener in a straight battle with his partner Shikhar Dhawan.
- Residents blame Ludhiana MC for ignoring fogging
- Mumbai: Two missing after a fishing boat carrying 13 fishermen capsizes
- Theatre doyen Ebrahim Alkazi who trained Naseeruddin Shah, Om Puri dies at 94
- Won’t spare any politician or public servant found complicit in hooch tragedy: Punjab CM
- Nitish Kumar recommends CBI probe in Sushant case, sets up a new row
- Covid-19: Indigenous Australian group blocks Uluru access route over pandemic fears
- Covid-19 will disappear with blessings of Lord Ram, says Shiv Sena ahead of ‘bhoomi pujan’ ceremony
- Kolkata airport operations will be suspended for 7 days in August due to Bengal lockdown
- Coronavirus lockdown study reports surge in health anxieties
- HC adjourns virtual hearings after heavy rainfall in Mumbai, hearings postponed to Wednesday
- Congress again reaches out to rebel Rajasthan MLAs, lists its only condition
- Kareena Kapoor, Kajol, Alia Bhatt, Tara Sutaria dress to impress for Rakhi 2020
- Early indicators of economic activity in July show improvement over June: Nomura
- Tripura CM in home quarantine after two family members test Covid positive
- Aam Aadmi Party to restructure Delhi unit with an eye on municipal polls: Gopal Rai