Uttar Pradesh chief minister Yogi Adityanath on Sunday issued fresh unlock guidelines for the ongoing Covid-19 lockdown in the state which will be applicable across the state from Monday. As per the guidelines, all markets will be allowed to remain open from Monday to Friday while the sanitisation process will be carried out over the weekends.
Factory operations, movement of goods and vehicles carrying essential commodities will be permitted and other economic activities will continue.
The chief minister has directed the administration to be on an alert with respect to the Covid-19 situation in Kanpur, Varanasi, Baliya, Kushinagar and Deoria. The chief minister also directed the administration to enhance the state’s Covid-19 testing capacity to 50,000 tests daily.
Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath issues fresh #UNLOCK guidelines for the state; all markets are allowed to remain open from Monday to Friday, sanitization process in markets will be done on weekends. pic.twitter.com/lpo48EnsdI
— ANI UP (@ANINewsUP) July 12, 2020
Large-scale construction work including dam or express-way building, among other such operations shall continue while observing social distancing and other preventive measures.
The chief minister also called for a massive Covid-19 campaign across the state to educate more and more people about the disease and the significance of wearing masks and adhering to social distancing and other preventive measures.
Uttar Pradesh is currently under a strict lockdown keeping in view the rise in coronavirus cases. The lockdown kicked off from 10 pm on Friday and will remain till 5 am on Monday. The Yogi-Adityanath government, however, described it as the imposition of curbs on certain activities to keep the spread of virus under check. Barring essential services, everything else is shut across the state till Monday 5 am.
- Residents blame Ludhiana MC for ignoring fogging
- Mumbai: Two missing after a fishing boat carrying 13 fishermen capsizes
- Theatre doyen Ebrahim Alkazi who trained Naseeruddin Shah, Om Puri dies at 94
- Won’t spare any politician or public servant found complicit in hooch tragedy: Punjab CM
- Nitish Kumar recommends CBI probe in Sushant case, sets up a new row
- Covid-19: Indigenous Australian group blocks Uluru access route over pandemic fears
- Covid-19 will disappear with blessings of Lord Ram, says Shiv Sena ahead of ‘bhoomi pujan’ ceremony
- Kolkata airport operations will be suspended for 7 days in August due to Bengal lockdown
- Coronavirus lockdown study reports surge in health anxieties
- HC adjourns virtual hearings after heavy rainfall in Mumbai, hearings postponed to Wednesday
- Congress again reaches out to rebel Rajasthan MLAs, lists its only condition
- Kareena Kapoor, Kajol, Alia Bhatt, Tara Sutaria dress to impress for Rakhi 2020
- Early indicators of economic activity in July show improvement over June: Nomura
- Tripura CM in home quarantine after two family members test Covid positive
- Aam Aadmi Party to restructure Delhi unit with an eye on municipal polls: Gopal Rai