Preparations for the installation of an idol of goddess Bajreshwari Devi, made of 2,100 kg of clarified butter in a famous Hindu temple in Himachal Pradesh are in full swing. The idol is being prepared by using “desi ghee” after purification with holy water 101 times by temple priests.
It will be open for the public on early Wednesday. Temple official Apoorv Sharma said that the idol would be removed from the “pindi” or iconography of the goddess on January 20 and its “prasad” would be distributed amongst the people. It is believed the idol butter cures chronic skin ailments and joint pain.
According to a legend, when the goddess was injured during a fight with demons, her wounds were treated with butter by gods on Makar Sankranti, a major harvest festival celebrated in various parts of the country. Every year, the preparations for installing the butter idol begin on Makar Sankranti, which is celebrated as a week-long festival at the temple.
- From ED to TEDx- a walk-through of stories talking about Being One this Dec 2020!
- Residents blame Ludhiana MC for ignoring fogging
- Mumbai: Two missing after a fishing boat carrying 13 fishermen capsizes
- Theatre doyen Ebrahim Alkazi who trained Naseeruddin Shah, Om Puri dies at 94
- Won’t spare any politician or public servant found complicit in hooch tragedy: Punjab CM
- Nitish Kumar recommends CBI probe in Sushant case, sets up a new row
- Covid-19: Indigenous Australian group blocks Uluru access route over pandemic fears
- Covid-19 will disappear with blessings of Lord Ram, says Shiv Sena ahead of ‘bhoomi pujan’ ceremony
- Kolkata airport operations will be suspended for 7 days in August due to Bengal lockdown
- Coronavirus lockdown study reports surge in health anxieties
- HC adjourns virtual hearings after heavy rainfall in Mumbai, hearings postponed to Wednesday
- Congress again reaches out to rebel Rajasthan MLAs, lists its only condition
- Kareena Kapoor, Kajol, Alia Bhatt, Tara Sutaria dress to impress for Rakhi 2020
- Early indicators of economic activity in July show improvement over June: Nomura
- Tripura CM in home quarantine after two family members test Covid positive