The passengers who took the first flights from various cities in India saw different set of rules at airports. The flights resumed on Monday after a gap of two months.
“I was nervous before the flight but all passengers were taking precautions. Very few people are travelling right now,” a woman, who landed at Pune airport on Monday morning, told news agency ANI.
Passengers onboard a Delhi-Bhubaneswar Vistara flight were seen wearing face shields as a precautionary measure against Covid-19. One of the passengers was Biju Janata Dal (BJD) MP Anubhav Mohanty.
“I was in Delhi since the Parliament’s Budget session. Now, I am returning to my state Odisha,” Mohanty said before boarding to flight at Delhi Indira Gandhi International (IGI) airport.
Domestic air travel resumed in the country on Monday, after a gap of two months. The air travel was stopped and all flights grounded since March 25 due to the coronavirus pandemic.
The flights to Mumbai and Patna were among the first to take off on Monday morning. Both the flights are operated by private carrier IndiGo.
A Delhi-bound Indigo Airlines with 116 passengers was the first flight to be operated from the airport in Chennai on Monday when the country resumed domestic air services, officials said.
It left for the national capital at 6:40 am while a flight from Delhi operated by the same carrier was the first incoming one, albeit with a far lesser number of passengers, at 27.
Passengers were screened using a thermometre gun at Delhi airport before boarding Vistara flight to Bhubaneswar (Odisha). The food & beverage (F&B) and retail outlets, which were closed for the past 63 days, opened at Terminal 3 of Delhi’s Indira Gandhi International (IGI) Airport.
The flight services resumed after a day of long and hard negotiations between the Centre and the states on Sunday. All states finally agreed to accept at least some flights but announced varied quarantine and self-isolation rules for arriving passengers to address misgivings about infections being brought in from other cities.
- COVID-19 War Room to come up in national capital to keep eye on city’s fight against virus
- Covid-19: 1,000 bed hospital in Delhi built in record 12 days, says Amit Shah
- Odisha: GST collection in June at 2,693.75 cr, Q1 mop up dips 35% due to lockdown
- PM’s Ladakh visit raised morale of armed forces at the border, says ITBP DG
- Kanpur effect: Crackdown begins on mafia in Noida, properties, cars worth crores attached
- Karnataka to build Rs 200 crore pilgrim complexes at Tirumala
- The pandemic’s big mystery: How deadly is the coronavirus?
- Kanpur firing accused Vikas Dubey knew about raid, aide tell cops after arrest
- PM Narendra Modi meets President to discuss various issues: Rashtrapati Bhavan
- Woman PSI in Gujarat arrested for taking Rs 20 lakh bribe
- Amit Shah, Rajnath Singh visit newly-created 1,000-bed COVID-19 hospital
- PM Modi, President Kovind discuss national, international issues at Rashtrapati Bhavan
- Thousands leave Bengaluru fearing fresh lockdown
- News updates from Hindustan Times at 1 pm: At 200.8mm, Mumbai sees second-highest 24 hour July rain in 5 years and all the latest news
- 4.27 crore e-way bills generated in June
English21 hours ago
‘Malicious, unsubstantiated’: Indian Army on reports of PM Modi’s ‘fake hospital visit’
English8 hours ago
Lunar eclipse 2020: Time, duration and visibility from India
English22 hours ago
‘Roti-Beti’ tie with India under threat by Nepal’s citizenship amendment bill
English24 hours ago
Station Officer of police station in Kanpur suspended over allegations of role in cops’ killing
English23 hours ago
Runway revolution: Is this the end of fashion as we know it?
English21 hours ago
ICMR defends fast tracking Covaxin amid allegations of chasing glory with Independence Day launch
English17 hours ago
Centre approves Rs 574 crore annual plan for NH works in J-K
English17 hours ago
Navy to seek ban on unauthorised sale of armed forces uniform