Ishant Sharma’s rise to becoming the leader of the pack in red ball cricket has been one of the most fascinating stories of Indian cricket over the past few years. In his long career, Ishant was always looked at as a buffer option, despite producing some match winning spells over the years. But his rise has been meteoric over the past couple of years.
Ishant has also been a regular in the Indian Premier League despite not playing limited overs cricket for India for a while. Ishant represented Delhi Capitals last season and in a match against Chennai Super Kings, he managed to hit a few lusty blows with the bat. Speaking to Gaurav Kapur on his YouTube show Isolation Premier League, Ishant revealed how CSK captain Dhoni got irritated after watching his batting skills.
“Mahi bhai (Dhoni) used to make fun of me that I can’t hit sixes, saying you don’t have that power. Last year I hit Jaddu (Jadeja) for a four and followed it with a six. Then I turned my head towards Mahi bhai to see his reaction, who gave an earful to Jaddu,” Ishant said.
Ishant had earlier in a video posted by his IPL franchise Delhi Capitals said that he can’t pick between his seven-wicket haul in Lord’s and his fifer at Eden Gardens in the pink ball Test, while speaking about his most memorable performance.
“Both of them are equally memorable. Taking seven wickets at Lord’s is obviously something I can’t forget. And taking those five wickets with the pink ball also I can’t forget because after 12 years I had taken a five-wicket haul.”
Ishant Sharma’s spell of 7/74 in the second innings of the Lord’s Test helped India win a match at the ‘Hone of Cricket’ for the first time in 28 years.
- CM Palaniswami eases curbs in Chennai from July 6, extends restrictions in Madurai
- HC raps Maharashtra for inaction against vendors who sold spurious soyabean seeds to farmers
- Covid-19: 78% households in NCR start going to their workplaces, says survey
- Fed up of waiting, Goans stranded abroad arrange own flights home
- West Bengal’s unemployment rate at 6.5% in June ‘far better’ than that of India: Mamata
- Shravan Mela from July 6 to Aug 3: To stop devotees, admin seals Deoghar district
- WHO team to visit China next week to investigate origins of coronavirus
- 13 pvt labs in Telangana under govt scanner for reporting abnormal Covid-19+ cases
- Delhi BJP reorganisation process begins; 35 teams formed to shortlist names
- ‘Malicious, unsubstantiated’: Indian Army on reports of PM Modi’s ‘fake hospital visit’
- Nagaland government rejects governor’s proposal on transfer and posting of officials
- Venkaiah Naidu pays tribute to BJP patriarch LK Advani on Guru Purnima
- Strategic affairs experts hail Modi’s visit to Ladakh; say his message to China ‘clear’
- ICMR defends fast tracking Covaxin amid allegations of chasing glory with Independence Day launch
- Working from home? Here are some tips to keep the lockdown pounds off
English13 hours ago
Wife found dead after husband dies in Covid-19 isolation ward in Odisha’s Jagatsinghpur
English14 hours ago
Horoscope Today: Astrological prediction for July 4, what’s in store for Aries, Gemini, Cancer, Leo, Virgo and other zodiac signs
English2 hours ago
‘Malicious, unsubstantiated’: Indian Army on reports of PM Modi’s ‘fake hospital visit’
English12 hours ago
Faces of terror: Why India banned 9 Khalistan-linked terrorists in 5 countries
English22 hours ago
Pakistani foreign minister tests positive for Covid-19
English20 hours ago
Hong Kongers scrub social media history in face of security law
English23 hours ago
June exports data to reflect faster recovery: Piyush Goyal
English11 hours ago
Sukhoi vs Sukhoi: India vs China