Mumbai: The Bombay High Court adjourned its virtual hearings in various cases on Tuesday in view of the heavy rains that lashed the city overnight and in the morning.
Five benches of the high court, including a bench headed by Chief Justice Dipankar Datta, adjourned the matters as many staff members could not reach the court in south Mumbai, an official said.
The high court will hear the matters on Wednesday, the official said.
The bench headed by Chief Justice Dipankar Datta was to hear a public interest litigation filed by one Sameet Thakkar, seeking probe in actor Sushant Singh Rajput’s death to be transferred from Mumbai Police to the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) or a special investigation team (SIT).
Another bench headed by Justice R D Dhanuka was to hear the bail plea of Sudha Bharadwaj, arrested in the Elgar Parishad-Maoist links case, and a plea filed by Vernon Gonsalves, another accused in the case, seeking to be tested for coronavirus.
Heavy rainfall in the city since Monday night led to water-logging in several low-lying areas and affected local train services and road traffic movement.
- From ED to TEDx- a walk-through of stories talking about Being One this Dec 2020!
- Residents blame Ludhiana MC for ignoring fogging
- Mumbai: Two missing after a fishing boat carrying 13 fishermen capsizes
- Theatre doyen Ebrahim Alkazi who trained Naseeruddin Shah, Om Puri dies at 94
- Won’t spare any politician or public servant found complicit in hooch tragedy: Punjab CM
- Nitish Kumar recommends CBI probe in Sushant case, sets up a new row
- Covid-19: Indigenous Australian group blocks Uluru access route over pandemic fears
- Covid-19 will disappear with blessings of Lord Ram, says Shiv Sena ahead of ‘bhoomi pujan’ ceremony
- Kolkata airport operations will be suspended for 7 days in August due to Bengal lockdown
- Coronavirus lockdown study reports surge in health anxieties
- HC adjourns virtual hearings after heavy rainfall in Mumbai, hearings postponed to Wednesday
- Congress again reaches out to rebel Rajasthan MLAs, lists its only condition
- Kareena Kapoor, Kajol, Alia Bhatt, Tara Sutaria dress to impress for Rakhi 2020
- Early indicators of economic activity in July show improvement over June: Nomura
- Tripura CM in home quarantine after two family members test Covid positive