Payal DSP Hardeep Singh Cheema said, “The accused was attending the party with his family. During a discussion with the victims, the issue suddenly heated up and the accused opened fire at them. As the people nearby tried to intervene, the accused too was injured in the process.”
Yesterday night, an NRI Family of Dhandran, Ludhiana was celebrating the marriage of their son where celebratory firing took a life. The incident took place in the evening when the former sarpanch allegedly opened fire at a marriage. Two men were killed at a marriage function in Doraha, Ludhiana and the sarpanch also got injured in the incident.
American NRI Gurkamalpreet Singh Grewal, son of Harbans Singh was getting married to Dr. Hemjot Kaur, daughter of Harjit Singh of Khamano. The function was held at a resort where Babbu Mann was also invited to perform. The incident took place in front of him when a verbal fight between Sarpanch Gurjeet Singh and his enemy Jagjeet Dhandra began.
As per the information, during the fight one of the guests fired eight bullets from .32 pistol in the air out of which two bullets hit Pehelwaan Bant Singh in his neck and stomach. One bullet hit Gurpreet Singh and one guest got injured in the fight. Some of the people said that it was Jagjeet who fired first but nothing is clear as of now.
The deceased have been identified as 28-year-old Gurpreet Singh and 50-year-old Pehelwaan Bant Singh, both from Dhandhra in Ludhiana. The police have taken the CCTV footage of the resort in custody and have launched a massive hunt for the accused.
- Residents blame Ludhiana MC for ignoring fogging
- Mumbai: Two missing after a fishing boat carrying 13 fishermen capsizes
- Theatre doyen Ebrahim Alkazi who trained Naseeruddin Shah, Om Puri dies at 94
- Won’t spare any politician or public servant found complicit in hooch tragedy: Punjab CM
- Nitish Kumar recommends CBI probe in Sushant case, sets up a new row
- Covid-19: Indigenous Australian group blocks Uluru access route over pandemic fears
- Covid-19 will disappear with blessings of Lord Ram, says Shiv Sena ahead of ‘bhoomi pujan’ ceremony
- Kolkata airport operations will be suspended for 7 days in August due to Bengal lockdown
- Coronavirus lockdown study reports surge in health anxieties
- HC adjourns virtual hearings after heavy rainfall in Mumbai, hearings postponed to Wednesday
- Congress again reaches out to rebel Rajasthan MLAs, lists its only condition
- Kareena Kapoor, Kajol, Alia Bhatt, Tara Sutaria dress to impress for Rakhi 2020
- Early indicators of economic activity in July show improvement over June: Nomura
- Tripura CM in home quarantine after two family members test Covid positive
- Aam Aadmi Party to restructure Delhi unit with an eye on municipal polls: Gopal Rai