Owners of six food outlets in the district have been fined 50,000 each for selling substandard food items. They will also have to face imprisonment for five months. These orders were issued by the court of the judicial magistrate.
The samples from these outlets were taken in the last two months. The food safety wing of the health department had collected samples from 63 food outlets. Out of the samples taken, six samples failed the purity test and action has been taken against the owners.
Among the 63 outlets from where samples were collected in the last two months, the prominent ones were Canadian Pizza (Doraha), Chicken Corner on GT Road, Vishal Mega Mart, Cafe Coffee Day (BRS Nagar), Krishna Dairy and sweets (Phullanwal), Forex World-Class Hospitality Private Limited, Carl’s and Flames (Pavillion Mall).
Balvinder Singh, a food clerk said, “Under our drive, we had taken samples of food articles such as paneer, milk, rasgullas, mineral water, milk cake, barfi, and Ghee, which failed to clear the purity test.” He further added that “We have sent notices to the erring outlets already and are continuing with our drive.”
- Residents blame Ludhiana MC for ignoring fogging
- Mumbai: Two missing after a fishing boat carrying 13 fishermen capsizes
- Theatre doyen Ebrahim Alkazi who trained Naseeruddin Shah, Om Puri dies at 94
- Won’t spare any politician or public servant found complicit in hooch tragedy: Punjab CM
- Nitish Kumar recommends CBI probe in Sushant case, sets up a new row
- Covid-19: Indigenous Australian group blocks Uluru access route over pandemic fears
- Covid-19 will disappear with blessings of Lord Ram, says Shiv Sena ahead of ‘bhoomi pujan’ ceremony
- Kolkata airport operations will be suspended for 7 days in August due to Bengal lockdown
- Coronavirus lockdown study reports surge in health anxieties
- HC adjourns virtual hearings after heavy rainfall in Mumbai, hearings postponed to Wednesday
- Congress again reaches out to rebel Rajasthan MLAs, lists its only condition
- Kareena Kapoor, Kajol, Alia Bhatt, Tara Sutaria dress to impress for Rakhi 2020
- Early indicators of economic activity in July show improvement over June: Nomura
- Tripura CM in home quarantine after two family members test Covid positive
- Aam Aadmi Party to restructure Delhi unit with an eye on municipal polls: Gopal Rai