Eighty five-year-old ex-servicemen, who had tested positive for COVID-19 and was admitted at Mohan Dai Oswal Cancer Hospital, died on Tuesday.
The ex-serviceman had tested positive on May 31.
With one more death, the toll of Ludhiana district now stands at nine.
The ex-serviceman was a cardiac patient and had been on a ventilator since his COVID-19 test came out positive.
After the patient was tested positive, two doctors from Khanna, who worked at Oswal Hospital, also tested positive for the virus.
The other staff and the paramedical staff of the doctor was also quarantined.
Civil Surgeon Dr Rajesh Bagga said the deceased was a cardiac patient and possibly died due to dilated cardiomyopathy.
- Residents blame Ludhiana MC for ignoring fogging
- Mumbai: Two missing after a fishing boat carrying 13 fishermen capsizes
- Theatre doyen Ebrahim Alkazi who trained Naseeruddin Shah, Om Puri dies at 94
- Won’t spare any politician or public servant found complicit in hooch tragedy: Punjab CM
- Nitish Kumar recommends CBI probe in Sushant case, sets up a new row
- Covid-19: Indigenous Australian group blocks Uluru access route over pandemic fears
- Covid-19 will disappear with blessings of Lord Ram, says Shiv Sena ahead of ‘bhoomi pujan’ ceremony
- Kolkata airport operations will be suspended for 7 days in August due to Bengal lockdown
- Coronavirus lockdown study reports surge in health anxieties
- HC adjourns virtual hearings after heavy rainfall in Mumbai, hearings postponed to Wednesday
- Congress again reaches out to rebel Rajasthan MLAs, lists its only condition
- Kareena Kapoor, Kajol, Alia Bhatt, Tara Sutaria dress to impress for Rakhi 2020
- Early indicators of economic activity in July show improvement over June: Nomura
- Tripura CM in home quarantine after two family members test Covid positive
- Aam Aadmi Party to restructure Delhi unit with an eye on municipal polls: Gopal Rai