India fast bowler Mohammed Shami on Friday revealed how he would dismiss India skipper Virat Kohli. The right-arm fast bowler said that with all the time he has spent with Kohli, he has learnt his strengths and weaknesses. “There are a lot of things that come with playing and spending quality time with another player. You not only come to know of his strengths, but also of his weaknesses. As a bowler, you need to keep working on the weak zones,” Shami was quoted as saying by news agency IANS.
The right-arm fast bowler added that even the best in the business has ‘little flaws’. “There is no denying the fact that he is the best in the business, but even the best has those little flaws which you can work on. You just need to pick on one factor and focus on that,” he said.
“Say for example, which has been the area that has troubled a batsman in recent times? You then work on that. I have dismissed him quite a few times (in the IPL) and without getting into much details, I will say you have to just work on the weak zone,” Shami further revealed.
On being asked about his relations with skipper Kohli, Shami said that the India captain backs his bowlers to the core. “Do I need to say this? I think the results bear testimony to the fact that Virat backs us to the core. He has always given us that freedom to do what we feel confident about. Also, it is very important at the international level to have a captain who knows your strengths and weaknesses and also backs you. This in turn helps you raise your game,” he said.
“Also, Virat has a lot of trust in our abilities and he gets the result because as a bowler, all you need is for the captain to back you and believe in you and your vision,” he added.
- HC raps Maharashtra for inaction against vendors who sold spurious soyabean seeds to farmers
- Covid-19: 78% households in NCR start going to their workplaces, says survey
- Fed up of waiting, Goans stranded abroad arrange own flights home
- West Bengal’s unemployment rate at 6.5% in June ‘far better’ than that of India: Mamata
- Shravan Mela from July 6 to Aug 3: To stop devotees, admin seals Deoghar district
- WHO team to visit China next week to investigate origins of coronavirus
- 13 pvt labs in Telangana under govt scanner for reporting abnormal Covid-19+ cases
- Delhi BJP reorganisation process begins; 35 teams formed to shortlist names
- ‘Malicious, unsubstantiated’: Indian Army on reports of PM Modi’s ‘fake hospital visit’
- Nagaland government rejects governor’s proposal on transfer and posting of officials
- Venkaiah Naidu pays tribute to BJP patriarch LK Advani on Guru Purnima
- Strategic affairs experts hail Modi’s visit to Ladakh; say his message to China ‘clear’
- ICMR defends fast tracking Covaxin amid allegations of chasing glory with Independence Day launch
- Working from home? Here are some tips to keep the lockdown pounds off
- Two-time Olympic champion Lin Dan retires from international badminton
English13 hours ago
Wife found dead after husband dies in Covid-19 isolation ward in Odisha’s Jagatsinghpur
English14 hours ago
Horoscope Today: Astrological prediction for July 4, what’s in store for Aries, Gemini, Cancer, Leo, Virgo and other zodiac signs
English2 hours ago
‘Malicious, unsubstantiated’: Indian Army on reports of PM Modi’s ‘fake hospital visit’
English12 hours ago
Faces of terror: Why India banned 9 Khalistan-linked terrorists in 5 countries
English22 hours ago
Pakistani foreign minister tests positive for Covid-19
English20 hours ago
Hong Kongers scrub social media history in face of security law
English10 hours ago
Sukhoi vs Sukhoi: India vs China
English24 hours ago
Earthquake of magnitude 4.7 hits Alwar in Rajasthan; tremors felt in north India, Delhi-NCR