CHANDIGARH: Punjab School Education Secretary krishan Kumar written a letter to all the deputy commissioners of the state to allow DEOs (SE) and DEO (EE) and also District Manager of Punjab School Education Board to distribute the books to the students studying in government schools.
Krishan Kumar said in a letter that due to lockdown presently prevailing in the districts/ state the schools are not allowed to open and distribution of the books and other material to the students is yet to be done. He said that schools have declared results and the parents started asking for the books as there is a loss of the study of the students. Punjab school Education Board has meanwhile arranged to get the books printed and the same will also be delivered to the districts and the block headquarters. It is further understood that the private schools have already been allowed to open with certain restrictions.
Krishan Kumar requested the deputy commissioners to allow DEOs (SE) and DEO (EE) and also District Manager of Punjab School Education Board to distribute the books to the students studying in government schools alongwith the permission to engage labour etc. for the above purpose. He said that DEOs shall ensure all necessary precautions and compliance of any conditions viz a viz coved-19 as imposed by Administration.
- Residents blame Ludhiana MC for ignoring fogging
- Mumbai: Two missing after a fishing boat carrying 13 fishermen capsizes
- Theatre doyen Ebrahim Alkazi who trained Naseeruddin Shah, Om Puri dies at 94
- Won’t spare any politician or public servant found complicit in hooch tragedy: Punjab CM
- Nitish Kumar recommends CBI probe in Sushant case, sets up a new row
- Covid-19: Indigenous Australian group blocks Uluru access route over pandemic fears
- Covid-19 will disappear with blessings of Lord Ram, says Shiv Sena ahead of ‘bhoomi pujan’ ceremony
- Kolkata airport operations will be suspended for 7 days in August due to Bengal lockdown
- Coronavirus lockdown study reports surge in health anxieties
- HC adjourns virtual hearings after heavy rainfall in Mumbai, hearings postponed to Wednesday
- Congress again reaches out to rebel Rajasthan MLAs, lists its only condition
- Kareena Kapoor, Kajol, Alia Bhatt, Tara Sutaria dress to impress for Rakhi 2020
- Early indicators of economic activity in July show improvement over June: Nomura
- Tripura CM in home quarantine after two family members test Covid positive
- Aam Aadmi Party to restructure Delhi unit with an eye on municipal polls: Gopal Rai