The attached properties include two Flats at prime location at Saktigarh Path, Guwahati and one commercial space at Bhangagarh, Guwahati. Movable property in the form of seized Indian Currency of Rs. 10 lakhs recovered from his residence has also been attached.
PMLA investigation in this case was initiated by the Directorate on the basis of FIR registered under Prevention of Corruption Act, 1988 by Assam Police to investigate irregularities related to recruitment of candidates in Government services in Assam through examination conducted by Assam Public Service Commission (APSC).
ED stated that investigation by State Police established that Paul along with other accused persons hatched criminal conspiracy and manipulated the system of selection of candidates in APSC in lieu of illegal gratification.
The ED added, “Investigation under PMLA revealed that accused Paul had invested the illegitimate money in purchasing different various movable and immovable properties in his name and in the name of his family members at different locations in Assam. Investigation further revealed that Paul purchased the properties at much lower prices as shown in the agreement papers and sale deeds as compared to their market value at the relevant point of time. The investigation established that the values of the property shown in the sale deeds were hugely suppressed by Paul to launder the proceeds of crime. Accordingly, a Provisional Attachment Order has been issued attaching movable and immovable assets totalling to Rs. 1.4 crores. Further investigation is under progress”.
Assam Police have so far arrested around 67 persons including Paul in the APSC scam. Paul is presently in jail. APSC reforms were one of the election promises of the BJP in 2016.
if(geolocation && geolocation != 5 && (typeof skip == 'undefined' || typeof skip.fbevents == 'undefined')) !function(f,b,e,v,n,t,s) if(f.fbq)return;n=f.fbq=function()n.callMethod? n.callMethod.apply(n,arguments):n.queue.push(arguments); if(!f._fbq)f._fbq=n;n.push=n;n.loaded=!0;n.version='2.0'; n.queue=;t=b.createElement(e);t.async=!0; t.src=v;s=b.getElementsByTagName(e); s.parentNode.insertBefore(t,s)(window, document,'script', 'https://connect.facebook.net/en_US/fbevents.js'); fbq('init', '338698809636220'); fbq('track', 'PageView');
- Covid-19: 1,000 bed hospital in Delhi built in record 12 days, says Amit Shah
- Odisha: GST collection in June at 2,693.75 cr, Q1 mop up dips 35% due to lockdown
- PM’s Ladakh visit raised morale of armed forces at the border, says ITBP DG
- Kanpur effect: Crackdown begins on mafia in Noida, properties, cars worth crores attached
- Karnataka to build Rs 200 crore pilgrim complexes at Tirumala
- The pandemic’s big mystery: How deadly is the coronavirus?
- Kanpur firing accused Vikas Dubey knew about raid, aide tell cops after arrest
- PM Narendra Modi meets President to discuss various issues: Rashtrapati Bhavan
- Woman PSI in Gujarat arrested for taking Rs 20 lakh bribe
- Amit Shah, Rajnath Singh visit newly-created 1,000-bed COVID-19 hospital
- PM Modi, President Kovind discuss national, international issues at Rashtrapati Bhavan
- Thousands leave Bengaluru fearing fresh lockdown
- News updates from Hindustan Times at 1 pm: At 200.8mm, Mumbai sees second-highest 24 hour July rain in 5 years and all the latest news
- 4.27 crore e-way bills generated in June
- 4 Maoists killed during encounter with police in Odisha’s Kandhamal
English20 hours ago
‘Malicious, unsubstantiated’: Indian Army on reports of PM Modi’s ‘fake hospital visit’
English8 hours ago
Lunar eclipse 2020: Time, duration and visibility from India
English22 hours ago
‘Roti-Beti’ tie with India under threat by Nepal’s citizenship amendment bill
English24 hours ago
Station Officer of police station in Kanpur suspended over allegations of role in cops’ killing
English24 hours ago
‘Kill him in encounter’: Mother of criminal behind killing of 8 UP cops
English23 hours ago
Runway revolution: Is this the end of fashion as we know it?
English21 hours ago
ICMR defends fast tracking Covaxin amid allegations of chasing glory with Independence Day launch
English17 hours ago
Centre approves Rs 574 crore annual plan for NH works in J-K