To know about the well being of the elderly living at the old age home, Swami Vivekanand Vridh Ashram at the Model Town, Deputy Commissioner of Police (DCP), headquarters and security, Akhil Chaudhary went to meet them and held a detailed interaction with them.
The DCP also distributed ration, fruits, juices and other eatables, including Chyawanprash to the elderly. Anil Bharti, president of the Swami Vivekanand Trust accompanied him.
Since the DCP is a holder of MBBS degree, he also gave medical advice to the elderly. When some of the elderly talked about their lives and how they were disowned by their family members, the DCP told them to stay strong and keep sharing their thoughts and emotions with each other. The DCP also talked to the doctors appointed by the trust for the elderly, advised them to take due care of people there and carry out their medical check up.
One of the women, who had been living here for the past 21 years, while talking about the food being served to them in old age home said, “We are getting all three meals, milk, juices. We are being offered pani puri, dosa, and all other recipes we asked the trust,” an elderly woman told DCP Akhil.
DCP Akhil said, “I am amazed to meet the elderly here, they are very strong emotionally. I too felt connected after while talking to them. I enquired about their well being, or any other health issues they were facing. I was happy to observe that all inmates were following the Covid-19 norms.”
Notably, the ashram houses more than 70 elderly people between the age group 64 to 95, most of them have been disowned by their wards. About one and half year back, a 108-year-old man, who was also living here, breathed his last.
- Residents blame Ludhiana MC for ignoring fogging
- Mumbai: Two missing after a fishing boat carrying 13 fishermen capsizes
- Theatre doyen Ebrahim Alkazi who trained Naseeruddin Shah, Om Puri dies at 94
- Won’t spare any politician or public servant found complicit in hooch tragedy: Punjab CM
- Nitish Kumar recommends CBI probe in Sushant case, sets up a new row
- Covid-19: Indigenous Australian group blocks Uluru access route over pandemic fears
- Covid-19 will disappear with blessings of Lord Ram, says Shiv Sena ahead of ‘bhoomi pujan’ ceremony
- Kolkata airport operations will be suspended for 7 days in August due to Bengal lockdown
- Coronavirus lockdown study reports surge in health anxieties
- HC adjourns virtual hearings after heavy rainfall in Mumbai, hearings postponed to Wednesday
- Congress again reaches out to rebel Rajasthan MLAs, lists its only condition
- Kareena Kapoor, Kajol, Alia Bhatt, Tara Sutaria dress to impress for Rakhi 2020
- Early indicators of economic activity in July show improvement over June: Nomura
- Tripura CM in home quarantine after two family members test Covid positive
- Aam Aadmi Party to restructure Delhi unit with an eye on municipal polls: Gopal Rai