A large number of residents on Wednesday violated the curfew restrictions and came out of their residences. Seeing the situation, the police immediately swung into action and asked them to return home. The police urged them to come out of their house only in an emergency situation.
Urging the residents to stay indoors, Cabinet Minister OP Soni said ration was provided to 300 families. He added that 400 families were given cooked meal with the assistance of the Mata Lal Devi temple.
Volunteers of the Youth Clubs associated with the Nehru Yuva Kendra have been guarding villages to prevent the entry of outsiders.
Akanksha, district coordinator, Nehru Yuva Kendra, appreciated the role of volunteers of youth clubs in battling the coronavirus. Akanksha urged them to assist farmers in harvesting of crops and making them aware of Covid. She said they must find needy persons in their villages to provide them with essential items, including ration and medicines.
The SDM’s office, Majitha area, distributed domestic appliances among sanitation workers so that they can perform their duties exceptionally in this crucial time.
Students of ITIs at Beri Gate and Raiya prepared and distributed 2,000 masks among residents. They are preparing more masks for panchayats. However, the lockdown imposed to contain the spread of Covid has impacted a large number people in various ways.
Many people are postponing their marriages, dates of which were already fixed. Many are organising simple marriages functions without inviting relatives and friends. The couples visit gurdwaras and temples with their immediate relatives to complete the religious formalities.
Source – Tribune
- Residents blame Ludhiana MC for ignoring fogging
- Mumbai: Two missing after a fishing boat carrying 13 fishermen capsizes
- Theatre doyen Ebrahim Alkazi who trained Naseeruddin Shah, Om Puri dies at 94
- Won’t spare any politician or public servant found complicit in hooch tragedy: Punjab CM
- Nitish Kumar recommends CBI probe in Sushant case, sets up a new row
- Covid-19: Indigenous Australian group blocks Uluru access route over pandemic fears
- Covid-19 will disappear with blessings of Lord Ram, says Shiv Sena ahead of ‘bhoomi pujan’ ceremony
- Kolkata airport operations will be suspended for 7 days in August due to Bengal lockdown
- Coronavirus lockdown study reports surge in health anxieties
- HC adjourns virtual hearings after heavy rainfall in Mumbai, hearings postponed to Wednesday
- Congress again reaches out to rebel Rajasthan MLAs, lists its only condition
- Kareena Kapoor, Kajol, Alia Bhatt, Tara Sutaria dress to impress for Rakhi 2020
- Early indicators of economic activity in July show improvement over June: Nomura
- Tripura CM in home quarantine after two family members test Covid positive
- Aam Aadmi Party to restructure Delhi unit with an eye on municipal polls: Gopal Rai