Four troopers of the Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) and a civilian were injured in an attack by terrorists in Sopore area of Jammu and Kashmir’s Baramulla district, officials said on Wednesday.
The terrorists attacked a road opening party of the CRPF when they were placing a checkpost along with personnel of Jammu and Kashmir police on the Sopore by-pass highway in Model Town of Sopore.
All the injured have been shifted to a hospital.
The area has been sealed and a search operation has been launched. Officials of the Indian Army and police have also reached the spot.
More details are awaited.
- Not in favour of withdrawing case against Italian marines from SC: Kerala CM Pinarayi Vijayan
- Earthquake of magnitude 4.7 hits Alwar in Rajasthan; tremors felt in north India, Delhi-NCR
- Govt’s locust operation covers 1.33 lakh hectares in North, West India
- Fantasy sports firms expect strong comeback as live sports resumes in empty stadiums
- Germany is first major economy to phase out coal and nuclear
- Sonia Gandhi writes to PM seeking extension of OBC reservation in all-India quota of medical seats
- Sonia writes to PM on denial of reservation to OBCs in state medical colleges
- Earthquake measuring 4.7 on Richter scale hits Delhi-NCR
- UP Congress leaders want Priyanka Gandhi to shift base to Lucknow
- Train hits bus carrying Sikh pilgrims in Pakistan: 20 dead
- PM Modi meets soldiers injured in Galwan Valley clash, says they make 130 cr Indians proud
- Government launches ‘Swachh Survekshan 2021’; states also to be ranked
- At $500 billion, India has world’s fifth-largest foreign exchange reserves
- You gave a befitting reply: PM Modi tells soldiers injured in Galwan clash
- ‘Do judges want to run govt?’: Andhra Pradesh speaker kicks up a row
English14 hours ago
Horoscope Today: Astrological prediction for July 3, what’s in store for Aries, Gemini, Cancer, Leo and other zodiac signs
English21 hours ago
Uncertainty sees companies suspending guidance
English12 hours ago
Eight UP police personnel killed in encounter with criminals in Kanpur
English6 hours ago
‘Not the era for expansionism’: PM Modi’s harsh message to China from Ladakh
English23 hours ago
Eastern Ladakh standoff: India expects China to ensure expeditious restoration of peace
English22 hours ago
Congress, NCP upset with Uddhav Thackeray for reimposing lockdown
English24 hours ago
China urges India to ‘correct discriminatory practices’ against its firms after ban on Chinese apps
English23 hours ago
Amit Shah meets CMs of UP, Haryana, Delhi; discusses COVID-19 situation