Ludhiana Deputy Commissioner Pradeep Kumar Agrawal said that on on June 2, 5,563 challans worth Rs 12,95,300 were issued to people for not wearing masks
The Ludhiana district administration on Wednesday said that till date, challans worth Rs 50 lakh have been issued for violations of Covid guidelines. On June 2 alone, challans worth Rs 15.18 lakh were issued in Ludhiana to persons who violated the guidelines.
Ludhiana Deputy Commissioner Pradeep Kumar Agrawal said that on on June 2, 5,563 challans worth Rs 12,95,300 were issued to people for not wearing masks; 2,171 challans worth Rs 2,22,500 were issued for spitting in public and two persons who were found violating home quarantine were fined Rs 1,000.
He said he has already directed police to take strict action against people not wearing masks. He added that these challans can be issued by the sub-divisional magistrate (SDM), tehsildar, naib tehsildar, sub-registrar, police officials or gazetted officials. The amount collected from challans is being deposited at the civil surgeon’s office, Ludhiana.
Agrawal said the Punjab government has directed the officials to take strict action against any person violating guidelines.
- Residents blame Ludhiana MC for ignoring fogging
- Mumbai: Two missing after a fishing boat carrying 13 fishermen capsizes
- Theatre doyen Ebrahim Alkazi who trained Naseeruddin Shah, Om Puri dies at 94
- Won’t spare any politician or public servant found complicit in hooch tragedy: Punjab CM
- Nitish Kumar recommends CBI probe in Sushant case, sets up a new row
- Covid-19: Indigenous Australian group blocks Uluru access route over pandemic fears
- Covid-19 will disappear with blessings of Lord Ram, says Shiv Sena ahead of ‘bhoomi pujan’ ceremony
- Kolkata airport operations will be suspended for 7 days in August due to Bengal lockdown
- Coronavirus lockdown study reports surge in health anxieties
- HC adjourns virtual hearings after heavy rainfall in Mumbai, hearings postponed to Wednesday
- Congress again reaches out to rebel Rajasthan MLAs, lists its only condition
- Kareena Kapoor, Kajol, Alia Bhatt, Tara Sutaria dress to impress for Rakhi 2020
- Early indicators of economic activity in July show improvement over June: Nomura
- Tripura CM in home quarantine after two family members test Covid positive
- Aam Aadmi Party to restructure Delhi unit with an eye on municipal polls: Gopal Rai