Coronavirus cases crossed the 1.50 lakh mark in Andhra Pradesh on Saturday as another 9,276 were added but a record high of 12,750 patients had recovered and been discharged from hospitals in the last 24 hours.
According to the latest government bulletin, the states Covid-19 cumulative tally showed 1,50,209 confirmed cases, 72,188 active, 76,614 recoveries and 1,407 deaths till 9 am on Saturday.
The state completed 20,12,573 tests at the rate of 37,689 per million population, with a positivity rate of 7.46 per cent.
Thanks to a record number of discharges in a day, the recovery rate again climbed to 51 per cent while the mortality rate dipped further to 0.94 per cent.
Of the 58 deaths reported in the last 24 hours, East Godavari and Visakhapatnam accounted for eight each, Guntur seven, Anantapuramu, Chittoor and Kurnool six each.
With 201, Kurnool became the first district in the state to register over 200 Covid-19 deaths while East Godavari is behind with 172.
East Godavari, which tops the state with 21,271 total cases, showed a remarkable improvement on Saturday after 5,880 patients recovered in the last 24 hours and brought down the number of active cases to 7,782.
But Visakhapatnam showed a worrying trend as it added another 1,155 new cases, pushing its overall tally to 11,920, with 8,698 of them active.
Anantapuramu district also added 1,128 fresh cases, making its cumulative count 15,827, with 8,822 active.
Kurnool recorded 1,234 and Guntur 1,001 more cases in the last one day, taking the aggregate to 18,081 and 15,669 respectively.
- From ED to TEDx- a walk-through of stories talking about Being One this Dec 2020!
- Residents blame Ludhiana MC for ignoring fogging
- Mumbai: Two missing after a fishing boat carrying 13 fishermen capsizes
- Theatre doyen Ebrahim Alkazi who trained Naseeruddin Shah, Om Puri dies at 94
- Won’t spare any politician or public servant found complicit in hooch tragedy: Punjab CM
- Nitish Kumar recommends CBI probe in Sushant case, sets up a new row
- Covid-19: Indigenous Australian group blocks Uluru access route over pandemic fears
- Covid-19 will disappear with blessings of Lord Ram, says Shiv Sena ahead of ‘bhoomi pujan’ ceremony
- Kolkata airport operations will be suspended for 7 days in August due to Bengal lockdown
- Coronavirus lockdown study reports surge in health anxieties
- HC adjourns virtual hearings after heavy rainfall in Mumbai, hearings postponed to Wednesday
- Congress again reaches out to rebel Rajasthan MLAs, lists its only condition
- Kareena Kapoor, Kajol, Alia Bhatt, Tara Sutaria dress to impress for Rakhi 2020
- Early indicators of economic activity in July show improvement over June: Nomura
- Tripura CM in home quarantine after two family members test Covid positive