Out of 432 Tablighi Jamaties who were caught in Punjab, 422 people have been traced so far. As per the information, the government is busy locating all those who attended the Nizammudin event and then came to Punjab. It is also found that 6 out of those tested have been found positive of Coronavirus.
When the Tablighi Jamaat case came in the limelight, the government claimed that only nine people had joined from Punjab. After this, DGP Dinkar Gupta said that 900 people from Punjab had joined. However, on Sunday, Punjab Police reported the figure as 432. Of this, 422 have been identified. Ten people are still out of the reach of the police.
The samples of 350 people have been taken out of which 117 are negative and 6 are positive and the reports of rest 227 are still pending. The Punjab Government is assuring that the situation will be in control in the state and has advised the residents to not violate curfew. The government urged people to stay inside their homes.
Source: Dainik Jagran
- Under Atma Nirbhar Scheme, free ration to be provided to non smart card scheme beneficiaries
- Agriculture & farmers welfare department Director visits Ludhiana
- India’s farmers told to scare locusts away by beating drums
- Punjab raises fine for spitting, not wearing masks in public to Rs 500
- Punjab Vigilance bureau gives farewell to eight officers on superannuation
- Punjab School Education Board declares class V, VIII and Matriculation results
- Need to scale down domestic flights to contain COVID-19: Health Minister
- Huge opportunity from companies looking to shift from China in COVID aftermath, Capt Amarinder tells Punjab Industry
- State governments issuing job cards to migrants at quarantine camps
- PSPCL relaxes norms for refund of security
- Head constable of RPF succumbs to Covid-19
- TikTok owner ByteDance moves to shift power out of China: Report
- Wards go without water amid scorching heat
- Liquor vend worker beaten to death near Doraha, 4 booked
- Here’s why high-strain exercise may lead to early pregnancy loss in some women