Veteran actor Rishi Kapoor left his wife Neetu Kapoor, son Ranbir Kapoor and daughter Riddhima Kapoor Sahni bereaved, as he died on Thursday morning after a two-year long battle with cancer. His funeral took place at the Chandanwadi crematorium on Thursday evening in the presence of family members and close friends.
Riddhima, who lives in Delhi, could not make it to the funeral in Mumbai. She penned an emotional note and shared it on Instagram stories, along with pictures with her father.
“Love you papa. RIP,” Ridhima wrote, sharing a selfie with Rishi. A picture of her with Rishi and Neetu was captioned, “I miss you already. Come back na papa.” “Wish I could be there to say goodbye to you papa,” she wrote, along with another picture of her and her parents. The final picture, featuring Rishi with her and Ranbir, was captioned with a broken heart emoji.
Riddhima Kapoor Sahni’s Instagram stories.
Earlier in the day, Riddhima mourned Rishi’s loss with an emotional Instagram post. “Papa I love you I will always love you – RIP my strongest warrior I will miss you everyday I will miss your FaceTime calls everyday! I wish I could be there to say goodbye to you ! Until we meet again papa I love you – your Mushk forever,” she wrote.
Also read: Rishi Kapoor, Bollywood’s original chocolate boy, dies at 67, Amitabh Bachchan says ‘he’s destroyed’
Rishi was diagnosed with leukaemia in 2018 and travelled to New York for treatment. He returned home, almost a year later, declaring that he was ‘cancer-free’. He was admitted to Sir HN Reliance Foundation Hospital on Wednesday due to ill-health.
A statement issued by Rishi’s family said that even when he was battling cancer, he remained upbeat. “He remained jovial and determined to live to the fullest right through two years of treatment across two continents. Family, friends, food and films remained his focus and everyone who met him during this time was amazed at how he did not let his illness get the better of him,” the statement said, adding that ‘he would like to be remembered with a smile and not with tears’.
- PM Modi pitches for Atmanirbhar App ecosystem, says IT is tackling disruption brought about by COVID-19
- CM Palaniswami eases curbs in Chennai from July 6, extends restrictions in Madurai
- HC raps Maharashtra for inaction against vendors who sold spurious soyabean seeds to farmers
- Covid-19: 78% households in NCR start going to their workplaces, says survey
- Fed up of waiting, Goans stranded abroad arrange own flights home
- West Bengal’s unemployment rate at 6.5% in June ‘far better’ than that of India: Mamata
- Shravan Mela from July 6 to Aug 3: To stop devotees, admin seals Deoghar district
- WHO team to visit China next week to investigate origins of coronavirus
- 13 pvt labs in Telangana under govt scanner for reporting abnormal Covid-19+ cases
- Delhi BJP reorganisation process begins; 35 teams formed to shortlist names
- ‘Malicious, unsubstantiated’: Indian Army on reports of PM Modi’s ‘fake hospital visit’
- Nagaland government rejects governor’s proposal on transfer and posting of officials
- Venkaiah Naidu pays tribute to BJP patriarch LK Advani on Guru Purnima
- Strategic affairs experts hail Modi’s visit to Ladakh; say his message to China ‘clear’
- ICMR defends fast tracking Covaxin amid allegations of chasing glory with Independence Day launch
English14 hours ago
Wife found dead after husband dies in Covid-19 isolation ward in Odisha’s Jagatsinghpur
English14 hours ago
Horoscope Today: Astrological prediction for July 4, what’s in store for Aries, Gemini, Cancer, Leo, Virgo and other zodiac signs
English3 hours ago
‘Malicious, unsubstantiated’: Indian Army on reports of PM Modi’s ‘fake hospital visit’
English13 hours ago
Faces of terror: Why India banned 9 Khalistan-linked terrorists in 5 countries
English23 hours ago
Pakistani foreign minister tests positive for Covid-19
English21 hours ago
Hong Kongers scrub social media history in face of security law
English4 hours ago
‘Roti-Beti’ tie with India under threat by Nepal’s citizenship amendment bill
English24 hours ago
June exports data to reflect faster recovery: Piyush Goyal