Amid the Covid-19 threat, district colleges will follow the fresh UGC guidelines. Various colleges have already started online study programme for the students.
As per information, new academic session for already enrolled students will start from August and for freshers, from September. The UGC has issued fresh guidelines.
SCD Government College Principal Dharam Singh Sandhu said the recommendation and guidelines issued by the UGC and the Punjab government will be followed.
“A meeting between the Secretary, Higher Education, Punjab, and vice-chancellors of three universities, was held recently. The final situation will be cleared after the lockdown,” he said.
Dr Sandhu further said the college had already started online studies for students. Once the lockdown ends, the classes would be held for 10-15 days and after that exams would be held, he said.
SAV Jain College Principal Rishi Kesh said the UGC guidelines had been issued in general. According to the guidelines, the final year graduation or post-graduation course examination will be held in month of July.
“There are no clear cut guidelines for the ongoing classes. The UGC has asked the universities concerned to make further plan according to the situation in their respective states. We are waiting for Panjab University guidelines. Once the guidelines are issued by the PU, we will follow these,” he said.
Mukesh Mahajan, Principal of Kamla Lohtia, said they were supposed to follow the guidelines issued by the UGC and Panjab University. He further said, “As per guidelines, the classes for third and fifth semester would start from August. Besides, classes for first semester will be held from September. Whatever final guidelines are issued by the university, we will follow them,” he said.
- CM Palaniswami eases curbs in Chennai from July 6, extends restrictions in Madurai
- HC raps Maharashtra for inaction against vendors who sold spurious soyabean seeds to farmers
- Covid-19: 78% households in NCR start going to their workplaces, says survey
- Fed up of waiting, Goans stranded abroad arrange own flights home
- West Bengal’s unemployment rate at 6.5% in June ‘far better’ than that of India: Mamata
- Shravan Mela from July 6 to Aug 3: To stop devotees, admin seals Deoghar district
- WHO team to visit China next week to investigate origins of coronavirus
- 13 pvt labs in Telangana under govt scanner for reporting abnormal Covid-19+ cases
- Delhi BJP reorganisation process begins; 35 teams formed to shortlist names
- ‘Malicious, unsubstantiated’: Indian Army on reports of PM Modi’s ‘fake hospital visit’
- Nagaland government rejects governor’s proposal on transfer and posting of officials
- Venkaiah Naidu pays tribute to BJP patriarch LK Advani on Guru Purnima
- Strategic affairs experts hail Modi’s visit to Ladakh; say his message to China ‘clear’
- ICMR defends fast tracking Covaxin amid allegations of chasing glory with Independence Day launch
- Working from home? Here are some tips to keep the lockdown pounds off
English14 hours ago
Horoscope Today: Astrological prediction for July 4, what’s in store for Aries, Gemini, Cancer, Leo, Virgo and other zodiac signs
English13 hours ago
Wife found dead after husband dies in Covid-19 isolation ward in Odisha’s Jagatsinghpur
English2 hours ago
‘Malicious, unsubstantiated’: Indian Army on reports of PM Modi’s ‘fake hospital visit’
English12 hours ago
Faces of terror: Why India banned 9 Khalistan-linked terrorists in 5 countries
English22 hours ago
Pakistani foreign minister tests positive for Covid-19
English20 hours ago
Hong Kongers scrub social media history in face of security law
English11 hours ago
Sukhoi vs Sukhoi: India vs China
English23 hours ago
June exports data to reflect faster recovery: Piyush Goyal