A lady teacher of Chandigarh was shot in the Kharar area of Mohali district early in the morning. As per the information, an unidentified person killed the teacher in a school parking when she came to drop her daughter around 8 am.
The deceased is identified as Sarabjit Kaur who was a French and Punjabi teacher in a private school. She was killed right in front of her daughter when an unidentified man shot three bullets and killed her on the spot. The five-year-old daughter ran from the location in panic. Sarabjit was taken to the nearest hospital where she was declared brought dead. The police came to the spot twenty minutes later and began the investigation.
Mohali SSP Kuldeep Singh Chahal informed that the deceased and her husband used to live in France. Further investigation to nab the unidentified culprit and to ascertain the reason has been initiated.
- Residents blame Ludhiana MC for ignoring fogging
- Mumbai: Two missing after a fishing boat carrying 13 fishermen capsizes
- Theatre doyen Ebrahim Alkazi who trained Naseeruddin Shah, Om Puri dies at 94
- Won’t spare any politician or public servant found complicit in hooch tragedy: Punjab CM
- Nitish Kumar recommends CBI probe in Sushant case, sets up a new row
- Covid-19: Indigenous Australian group blocks Uluru access route over pandemic fears
- Covid-19 will disappear with blessings of Lord Ram, says Shiv Sena ahead of ‘bhoomi pujan’ ceremony
- Kolkata airport operations will be suspended for 7 days in August due to Bengal lockdown
- Coronavirus lockdown study reports surge in health anxieties
- HC adjourns virtual hearings after heavy rainfall in Mumbai, hearings postponed to Wednesday
- Congress again reaches out to rebel Rajasthan MLAs, lists its only condition
- Kareena Kapoor, Kajol, Alia Bhatt, Tara Sutaria dress to impress for Rakhi 2020
- Early indicators of economic activity in July show improvement over June: Nomura
- Tripura CM in home quarantine after two family members test Covid positive
- Aam Aadmi Party to restructure Delhi unit with an eye on municipal polls: Gopal Rai