Chandigarh police station has registered an FIR under the section 188 against the seven operatives for opening clubs and bars and playing DJs even after midnight disobeying DC orders on New Year. Apart from this, 19 women and two children took advantage of the night pick and drop PCR facility at different places late at night.
425 people who created ruckus at different places were arrested but later on they were released. Apart from these, five accused of drinking alcohol in public place have also been arrested. With this, the three accused were arrested by the police under obstructive action. On the next day three accused have been released on bail after their appearance with Sub Divisional Magistrate.
In 2014 an initiative of special night pick and drop service to protect women was introduced by Chandigarh Police. Late on New Year 2020, 19 women and two children from different parts of the city have taken advantage of this facility. Under the leadership of Inspector Poonam Dilavari, eight special PCR women staff were on duty was engaged in this facility. So far, 6 in 2014, 5 in 2015, 13 in 2016, 22 in 2017, 45 in 2018 and 78 in 2019 has availed this facility.
Under the leadership of SSP Nilambari Vijay Jagdale, a total of 1199 policemen, have been deployed on a whim. It consisted of eight DSPs, 37 inspectors, 150 commands, women personnel, PCR, cheetahs, NGOs. To keep the residents secure special police teams at 145 locations were deployed.
- From ED to TEDx- a walk-through of stories talking about Being One this Dec 2020!
- Residents blame Ludhiana MC for ignoring fogging
- Mumbai: Two missing after a fishing boat carrying 13 fishermen capsizes
- Theatre doyen Ebrahim Alkazi who trained Naseeruddin Shah, Om Puri dies at 94
- Won’t spare any politician or public servant found complicit in hooch tragedy: Punjab CM
- Nitish Kumar recommends CBI probe in Sushant case, sets up a new row
- Covid-19: Indigenous Australian group blocks Uluru access route over pandemic fears
- Covid-19 will disappear with blessings of Lord Ram, says Shiv Sena ahead of ‘bhoomi pujan’ ceremony
- Kolkata airport operations will be suspended for 7 days in August due to Bengal lockdown
- Coronavirus lockdown study reports surge in health anxieties
- HC adjourns virtual hearings after heavy rainfall in Mumbai, hearings postponed to Wednesday
- Congress again reaches out to rebel Rajasthan MLAs, lists its only condition
- Kareena Kapoor, Kajol, Alia Bhatt, Tara Sutaria dress to impress for Rakhi 2020
- Early indicators of economic activity in July show improvement over June: Nomura
- Tripura CM in home quarantine after two family members test Covid positive