In order to decrease the costs amid this pandemic, the central government has taken a big decision and removed all taxes on different types of medical equipment including Masks, Ventilators, and PPE Kits.
As per the information, all kinds of taxes are abolished on certain medical equipment till 30th September 2020. The Ministry of Finance has issued a press release in this regard.
According to this release, due to infection with Covid-19, ventilators and other essentials are urgently needed that is why the government has withdrawn duty and health cess from them at present. With immediate effect, ventilators, facemasks, surgical masks, personal protection equipment, medical cess, and duty have been removed from Covid-19 test kits.
- Under Atma Nirbhar Scheme, free ration to be provided to non smart card scheme beneficiaries
- Agriculture & farmers welfare department Director visits Ludhiana
- India’s farmers told to scare locusts away by beating drums
- Punjab raises fine for spitting, not wearing masks in public to Rs 500
- Punjab Vigilance bureau gives farewell to eight officers on superannuation
- Punjab School Education Board declares class V, VIII and Matriculation results
- Need to scale down domestic flights to contain COVID-19: Health Minister
- Huge opportunity from companies looking to shift from China in COVID aftermath, Capt Amarinder tells Punjab Industry
- State governments issuing job cards to migrants at quarantine camps
- PSPCL relaxes norms for refund of security
- Head constable of RPF succumbs to Covid-19
- TikTok owner ByteDance moves to shift power out of China: Report
- Wards go without water amid scorching heat
- Liquor vend worker beaten to death near Doraha, 4 booked
- Here’s why high-strain exercise may lead to early pregnancy loss in some women