A 99-years-old grandma’ Harbhajan Kaur from Chandigarh has proved that there is no age limit for achieving your dreams. Four years back, one day when Harbhajan was sitting with her daughter, Raveena Suri, talking about life. During their conversation, Raveena asked her mother if she had any regrets, to which the mother replied, “I had a fulfilling life, but my only regret is that I never earned any money on my own. I wish I had.”
This conversation ended here for Harbhajan but it beginning for her daughter. She tried her hundred percent to erase her mother’s regret so she decided to start an entrepreneurial venture for her mother. Specializing in making besan barfi and various kinds of pickles–this Chandigarh venture, has grown from strength to strength.
On Harbhajan’s first shopkeeping experience Raveena shares, “She first set shop at a local organic market on her own, She sat there, interacted with the customers, and came home with Rs 2,000 which was her first ‘own’ earnings.” Soon, she started getting orders, on a daily basis she makes 5-10 kg barfi. The price of 1 kg of Barfi is RS.850. Despite this, Harbhajan’s granddaughter helps her in packing and branding. Her tag line is- Bachpan yaad aajayegi (You will remember your childhood)
Apart from this Raveena told another heart-warming tale, Raveena says, “Two months ago, my daughter got married and she wanted the wedding invitations to be sent with the sweets that her Nani [Harbhajan] made. She did not want any sweets from the market and preferred that they all be handmade by her Nani. It was a lovely feeling for everyone to get those treats.” Remarkably, Harbhajan made 200 kg of barfi for her granddaughter’s wedding.
- From ED to TEDx- a walk-through of stories talking about Being One this Dec 2020!
- Residents blame Ludhiana MC for ignoring fogging
- Mumbai: Two missing after a fishing boat carrying 13 fishermen capsizes
- Theatre doyen Ebrahim Alkazi who trained Naseeruddin Shah, Om Puri dies at 94
- Won’t spare any politician or public servant found complicit in hooch tragedy: Punjab CM
- Nitish Kumar recommends CBI probe in Sushant case, sets up a new row
- Covid-19: Indigenous Australian group blocks Uluru access route over pandemic fears
- Covid-19 will disappear with blessings of Lord Ram, says Shiv Sena ahead of ‘bhoomi pujan’ ceremony
- Kolkata airport operations will be suspended for 7 days in August due to Bengal lockdown
- Coronavirus lockdown study reports surge in health anxieties
- HC adjourns virtual hearings after heavy rainfall in Mumbai, hearings postponed to Wednesday
- Congress again reaches out to rebel Rajasthan MLAs, lists its only condition
- Kareena Kapoor, Kajol, Alia Bhatt, Tara Sutaria dress to impress for Rakhi 2020
- Early indicators of economic activity in July show improvement over June: Nomura
- Tripura CM in home quarantine after two family members test Covid positive