The dept. of performing Arts of Govt. College for Girls, Ludhiana organized Basant Fest, an open-air event, which was held in flowery lawn of the college. The function was presided over by the College Principal, Dr Manju Sahni. The celebration started with a lamp lighting ceremony ignited by the principal Dr Manju Sahni, Vice Principal Mrs Varinderjit Kaur and senior staff council. While addressing the audience, the principal glorified the magnificence of Goddess Saraswati and apprised the students with the importance of ‘Basant’.
The principal also appreciated the efforts of the staff and students for making this celebration great success. The whole event was marked with enthralling performances. Dr Nimita Sharma sang a song ‘Rutt Aa Gai, Rutt Chaa Gai’. Dr Yogesh Sharma presented a folk tune on Sitaar.
Dr Sharanjit Kaur Parmar presented a beautiful performance on ‘Raga Basant’. Mr Malkit Singh, Tabla Instructor, Music Dept. mesmerized the audience with his flute performance. Students presented a wonderful Medley, Duet, Dance Performance and Tappe on ‘Basant’. The event concluded with vote of thanks by Dr Sharanjit Kaur Parmar. Dr Pritam Kaur, Mrs Baljit Kaur, Mrs Anita Sharma, Mrs Neha and other staff members were also present at the event.
- Residents blame Ludhiana MC for ignoring fogging
- Mumbai: Two missing after a fishing boat carrying 13 fishermen capsizes
- Theatre doyen Ebrahim Alkazi who trained Naseeruddin Shah, Om Puri dies at 94
- Won’t spare any politician or public servant found complicit in hooch tragedy: Punjab CM
- Nitish Kumar recommends CBI probe in Sushant case, sets up a new row
- Covid-19: Indigenous Australian group blocks Uluru access route over pandemic fears
- Covid-19 will disappear with blessings of Lord Ram, says Shiv Sena ahead of ‘bhoomi pujan’ ceremony
- Kolkata airport operations will be suspended for 7 days in August due to Bengal lockdown
- Coronavirus lockdown study reports surge in health anxieties
- HC adjourns virtual hearings after heavy rainfall in Mumbai, hearings postponed to Wednesday
- Congress again reaches out to rebel Rajasthan MLAs, lists its only condition
- Kareena Kapoor, Kajol, Alia Bhatt, Tara Sutaria dress to impress for Rakhi 2020
- Early indicators of economic activity in July show improvement over June: Nomura
- Tripura CM in home quarantine after two family members test Covid positive
- Aam Aadmi Party to restructure Delhi unit with an eye on municipal polls: Gopal Rai