Anandi, who had contracted Covid, is the oldest man in the stateto fight the infection. He had been admitted to Vedant Hospital in Thane on June 23 and was treated for 11 days.
Anandi caught the infection possibly from his son Mukesh, a builder. Mukesh told TOI: “After I got infected, all my family members including my father underwent the test. Three of my kids had a fever. Only my wife and nephew tested negative.”
Mukesh said the family was a bit worried for the patriarch. “His age was the reason for conernand so we got him admitted him to the private hospital,” said Mukesh, adding that he and his three children have been isolated at home for 14 days as advised by the doctor.
Dr Mohan Bhanushali who treated Anandi at Vedant Hospital said that the 104-year-old was having a fever while his oxygen level, blood pressure and other medical parameters were normal. “This is rare especially in the case of a patient who is above 100 years of age,” said Dr Bhanushali.
The Jha family and neighbours are celebrating Jha’s recovery. Officials from the Kalyan-Dombivli civic body said it was good news that a centenarian from the municipal limits had recovered and returned home.
The elderly man’s doctor insisted that the patient’s triumph over Covid is exemplary. “It debunks the misconception that it is impossible for an elderly person to fight Covid,” said Dr Bhanushali. “All you need is willpower. Like in Anandi Jha’s case.”
if(geolocation && geolocation != 5 && (typeof skip == 'undefined' || typeof skip.fbevents == 'undefined')) !function(f,b,e,v,n,t,s) if(f.fbq)return;n=f.fbq=function()n.callMethod? n.callMethod.apply(n,arguments):n.queue.push(arguments); if(!f._fbq)f._fbq=n;n.push=n;n.loaded=!0;n.version='2.0'; n.queue=;t=b.createElement(e);t.async=!0; t.src=v;s=b.getElementsByTagName(e); s.parentNode.insertBefore(t,s)(window, document,'script', 'https://connect.facebook.net/en_US/fbevents.js'); fbq('init', '338698809636220'); fbq('track', 'PageView');
- From ED to TEDx- a walk-through of stories talking about Being One this Dec 2020!
- Residents blame Ludhiana MC for ignoring fogging
- Mumbai: Two missing after a fishing boat carrying 13 fishermen capsizes
- Theatre doyen Ebrahim Alkazi who trained Naseeruddin Shah, Om Puri dies at 94
- Won’t spare any politician or public servant found complicit in hooch tragedy: Punjab CM
- Nitish Kumar recommends CBI probe in Sushant case, sets up a new row
- Covid-19: Indigenous Australian group blocks Uluru access route over pandemic fears
- Covid-19 will disappear with blessings of Lord Ram, says Shiv Sena ahead of ‘bhoomi pujan’ ceremony
- Kolkata airport operations will be suspended for 7 days in August due to Bengal lockdown
- Coronavirus lockdown study reports surge in health anxieties
- HC adjourns virtual hearings after heavy rainfall in Mumbai, hearings postponed to Wednesday
- Congress again reaches out to rebel Rajasthan MLAs, lists its only condition
- Kareena Kapoor, Kajol, Alia Bhatt, Tara Sutaria dress to impress for Rakhi 2020
- Early indicators of economic activity in July show improvement over June: Nomura
- Tripura CM in home quarantine after two family members test Covid positive