Street Dancer 3D is out and so is the audience’s reaction to the film. The movie directed by Remo D’Souza, starring Varun Dhawan and Shraddha Kapoor is struggling to find its way into the hearts of the people.
The film is a visual spectacle. Be it lighting, sound design, the ace dance performances or the VFX 3D has it all. There are some jaw-dropping moves and flips, and world-class dance performances. But the movie still collapses under its own weight as it is forced to become something it is not.
Varun’s character Sehaj makes an instant connection with the audience while Shraddha looks beautiful and has cracked some of the toughest dance moves and flips. Though there’s not much for her do in terms of acting, she gets your attention when she’s there on the screen.
The film’s plot takes so many twists and turns that a person is not sure if they are watching the same dance-off they paid good money for two hours ago. There are so many threads and sub-plots in the story that it all ends as a tangled mess at the end of it. Even the length of the film doesn’t go in its favor. At 2 hours 30 minutes, it doesn’t take much for the film to turn boring. The second half has multiple emotional outbursts that seem like a drag.
Check out what netizens have to say about it:
'Street Dancer 3D' Review: The Varun Dhawan-Shraddha Kapoor film is expressive but fails to impress pic.twitter.com/LeEq1ak5JC
— The Youth Magazine (@theyouthmag_) January 24, 2020
Movie: Street Dancer 3D
Review: ELECTRIFYING#VarunDhawan & #ShraddhaKapoor steals d show in this dance battle@remodsouza gets his foot right when it comes to dance#StreetDancer3D#StreetDancerreview#StreetDancer3Dreview@ShraddhaKapoorhttps://t.co/dhPKgtFy8M
— Praneet Samaiya (@praneetsamaiya) January 24, 2020
- Residents blame Ludhiana MC for ignoring fogging
- Mumbai: Two missing after a fishing boat carrying 13 fishermen capsizes
- Theatre doyen Ebrahim Alkazi who trained Naseeruddin Shah, Om Puri dies at 94
- Won’t spare any politician or public servant found complicit in hooch tragedy: Punjab CM
- Nitish Kumar recommends CBI probe in Sushant case, sets up a new row
- Covid-19: Indigenous Australian group blocks Uluru access route over pandemic fears
- Covid-19 will disappear with blessings of Lord Ram, says Shiv Sena ahead of ‘bhoomi pujan’ ceremony
- Kolkata airport operations will be suspended for 7 days in August due to Bengal lockdown
- Coronavirus lockdown study reports surge in health anxieties
- HC adjourns virtual hearings after heavy rainfall in Mumbai, hearings postponed to Wednesday
- Congress again reaches out to rebel Rajasthan MLAs, lists its only condition
- Kareena Kapoor, Kajol, Alia Bhatt, Tara Sutaria dress to impress for Rakhi 2020
- Early indicators of economic activity in July show improvement over June: Nomura
- Tripura CM in home quarantine after two family members test Covid positive
- Aam Aadmi Party to restructure Delhi unit with an eye on municipal polls: Gopal Rai