97 people from Ludhiana traveled to China after 15 January. In the wake of the novel coronavirus, all of them were screened by the district health department.
All 97 have been found to be asymptomatic, producing or showing no symptoms. An official of the health department said that after January 15, a total of 1,375 people from various cities in Punjab had traveled to China. Every month, around 300 industrialists and traders from Ludhiana dealing in various things like mobile phones, cycles, clothes, tools, etc visit China.
Civil surgeon Dr. Rajesh Kumar Bagga said, “The district health department had received a list of 100 individuals from the state health and family department. Three of them belong to Mohali so we forwarded their details to the civil surgeon Mohali, while we got in touch with the remaining 97, and screened them. All were found to be asymptomatic.”
The people are however still under supervision. “Normally, a person is kept under observation for 15 days. We are not taking any chances and have doubled the period,” he added.
- Residents blame Ludhiana MC for ignoring fogging
- Mumbai: Two missing after a fishing boat carrying 13 fishermen capsizes
- Theatre doyen Ebrahim Alkazi who trained Naseeruddin Shah, Om Puri dies at 94
- Won’t spare any politician or public servant found complicit in hooch tragedy: Punjab CM
- Nitish Kumar recommends CBI probe in Sushant case, sets up a new row
- Covid-19: Indigenous Australian group blocks Uluru access route over pandemic fears
- Covid-19 will disappear with blessings of Lord Ram, says Shiv Sena ahead of ‘bhoomi pujan’ ceremony
- Kolkata airport operations will be suspended for 7 days in August due to Bengal lockdown
- Coronavirus lockdown study reports surge in health anxieties
- HC adjourns virtual hearings after heavy rainfall in Mumbai, hearings postponed to Wednesday
- Congress again reaches out to rebel Rajasthan MLAs, lists its only condition
- Kareena Kapoor, Kajol, Alia Bhatt, Tara Sutaria dress to impress for Rakhi 2020
- Early indicators of economic activity in July show improvement over June: Nomura
- Tripura CM in home quarantine after two family members test Covid positive
- Aam Aadmi Party to restructure Delhi unit with an eye on municipal polls: Gopal Rai