“Apna Ghar Toh Apna Hi Hota Hai,” no matter what you do, where you go, and how big you become, it is impossible to get away from your roots. Similarly, it doesn’t matter if you go to Delhi, Mumbai, or Canada, but nothing compares to Ludhiana coz “We are pakke Ludhianvis by heart.”
Being one of the largest cities of Punjab, Ludhiana is classified as “Smart City” and “Mini Delhi” for its iconic places. Here’s the list of Top places which you will find only in Ludhiana:
A Beautiful Mess – The Clock Tower
Back in time Clock tower was considered a milestone by the British. It was made to mark the silver jubilee of Queen Victoria’s reign. Inaugurated in 1906, the prestigious Clock Tower is Ludhiana’s heritage.
Traditional Sangla Wala Shivala Mandir
The 400-year-old temple of Ludhiana, Sangla Wala Shivala Mandir holds a special place in Ludhiana. The temple celebrates Shivratri on a large scale with thousands of devotees visit the Mandir early morning to worship Lord Shiva.
Ancient Lodhi Fort
Lodhi Fort, locally known as Purana Qila, was a grand structure which now lies in ruins due to its poor maintenance. This 500-year-old fort was constructed by Muslim ruler Sikander Lodhi in the last decade of the 15th century. It is situated near Daresi ground and is the only fort in Ludhiana with historical importance.
Gurdwara Dukhniwaran Sahib
Located in the heart of Ludhiana, Gurdwara Dukhniwaran Sahib is the only gurdwara where 24-hour Sewa Simran Gurbani Kirtan takes place. Equipped with Hi-Tech projections, this gurdwara puts Gurbani on wide screens so devotees can better understand the hymns of the scripture as the priests sing.
Jam-Packed Chaura Bazaar
Situated in Old Ludhiana, Chaura Bazaar is not so chaura but the oldest market in the city. It is considered the busiest market with everything available in its lanes. It is well-known for its flea market that is set up every Sunday.
Iconic Rakh Bagh
Lush green garden, toy train, open gym, rides for children, and running track for the youngsters, Rakh Bagh holds a special place in our memories. Filled with greenery everywhere, the park is extremely beautiful places to visit and have some “me” time in its serenity.
During childhood days, having ice-cream and slush at the Kipps market was the weekend ritual. Roaming around the street, chit-chatting with friends and visiting restaurants at Kipps, we didn’t realize when we grew up and still this place remains the favorite place to visit. Isn’t it?
The fondest memory of school days was going on a trip to Hardy’s World. Fun-filled rides, picnic in the park, and refreshing slides in the water park, Hardy’s World used to be the most amazing and adventurous places. This is a place where you can always be young.
The Gedi-route of Ludhiana, South City is the place where most of us have spent our young days. Going on long drives with friends, photo-session with Chai, and lots of memories at F2 racing park. This is the place that still stands special for us even today.
Ludhiana may have some issues which need urgent attention from the government, but this city remains close to our heart and it always will. This is the city where we have grown up and have made several memories at each of the above places. No matter what happens, we will always LOVE LUDHIANA!
If you also love your Ludhiana, then do share your fondest memory of the city in the comment section and tell us if you can relate with us!
- Pulse oximeters like ‘surakha kavach’, have minimised COVID-19 deaths in Delhi: Arvind Kejriwal
- Finance Ministry amends rules to disallow global firms from govt contracts up to Rs 200 cr
- After Harvard & MIT, Johns Hopkins sues Trump administration on ruling on foreign students
- CCTV monitoring, powerless water coolers on trains soon as Railways to launch 20 in-house innovations
- Iran says misaligned radar led to Ukrainian jet downing
- India imposes levy on all imported measuring tapes as Chinese dumping continues via third countries
- Rajasthan Congress crisis: Ashok Gehlot summons meeting of party MLAs
- UP govt forms judicial commission to probe Kanpur ambush, Vikas Dubey encounter
- UK-China ties freeze with debate over Huawei, Hong Kong
- Ashok Gehlot marginalised Pilot, Congress failed to settle issues in Rajasthan
- All the country’s land is with our security forces: ITBP and BSF DG amid Sino-India standoff
- Kejriwal says Delhi is able to minimise Covid-19 deaths due to ‘protective shield’
- Rajasthan crisis: Kapil Sibal says he is worried for Congress
- Meet Deepak Paliwal, man who risked his life to help Oxford experts develop Covid-19 vaccine
- UP govt announces complete lockdown on weekends to check COVID-19 spread
English19 hours ago
Hawkins Cookers Chairman Brahm Vasudeva passes away
English7 hours ago
What Vikas Dubey takes to the grave
English18 hours ago
NIA arrests Swapna, Sandeep Nair, accused in gold smuggling case, from Bengaluru
English18 hours ago
S Jaishankar talks about bipartisan support in US for expanding ties with India
English22 hours ago
Why is Modi scared of disclosing names of those who donated to PM Cares, asks Rahul Gandhi
English12 hours ago
Horoscope Today: Astrological prediction for July 12, what’s in store for Cancer, Leo, Virgo, Aries and other zodiac signs
English19 hours ago
Govt has shown zero tolerance towards crime, corruption in state: Adityanath
English8 hours ago
Bavaguthu Raghuram Shetty: What’s in a name? Banks count cost of loans in NMC collapse