While our education system greatly emphasis on academic development, performing
arts are equally important. Dance, drama, art, music and craft are an integral part of
the child’s holistic development. Performing arts have a number of benefits, some of
1. New ways of thinking – Performing Art provide children with opportunities to
experience new ways of thinking.
2. Reduced stress and anxiety – According to research, cortisol which creates
stress is reduced if children involve themselves in creative activities. They feel
calmer and more relaxed.
3. More empathic –It helps children to understand other’s perspective and be
more understanding to their perspectives.
4. Reduced risk of mental disorders – One in every ten children are being
diagnosed with mental health disorders and as per research engaging in
performing arts greatly reduces this risk.
5. Better relationships – It also helps students to build better relationships with
each other and teachers.
- From ED to TEDx- a walk-through of stories talking about Being One this Dec 2020!
- Residents blame Ludhiana MC for ignoring fogging
- Mumbai: Two missing after a fishing boat carrying 13 fishermen capsizes
- Theatre doyen Ebrahim Alkazi who trained Naseeruddin Shah, Om Puri dies at 94
- Won’t spare any politician or public servant found complicit in hooch tragedy: Punjab CM
- Nitish Kumar recommends CBI probe in Sushant case, sets up a new row
- Covid-19: Indigenous Australian group blocks Uluru access route over pandemic fears
- Covid-19 will disappear with blessings of Lord Ram, says Shiv Sena ahead of ‘bhoomi pujan’ ceremony
- Kolkata airport operations will be suspended for 7 days in August due to Bengal lockdown
- Coronavirus lockdown study reports surge in health anxieties
- HC adjourns virtual hearings after heavy rainfall in Mumbai, hearings postponed to Wednesday
- Congress again reaches out to rebel Rajasthan MLAs, lists its only condition
- Kareena Kapoor, Kajol, Alia Bhatt, Tara Sutaria dress to impress for Rakhi 2020
- Early indicators of economic activity in July show improvement over June: Nomura
- Tripura CM in home quarantine after two family members test Covid positive