Officiating Deputy Commissioner Mr Iqbal Singh Sandhu today informed that to ensure the safety and security of school children, a large scale checking of a total of 918 school buses was conducted in the district today, out of which 308 buses were challaned while 36 were impounded. He informed that the checking was carried out by all SDM’s, Regional Transport Authority and Police.
He informed that a total of 483 buses were checked by Secretary, Regional Transport Authority Ludhiana and all SDMs, 138 were challaned and 22 were impounded. Similarly, 435 buses were checked by the Commissioner of Police, out of which 170 were challaned and 14 were impounded.
Mr Sandhu informed that the checking of school vehicles will be done daily as strict instructions have been issued to the officials for effective implementation of Safe School Vahan scheme. He informed that departments have been asked to submit a daily report in this regard.
He said that it has come to the notice that the school and educational institutions do not follow the directions issued by the transport department under the safe school vahan scheme. That is why these instructions are issued.
Mr Sandhu said that the Commissioner of Police, Ludhiana, Ludhiana (Rural) and Khanna Police, the Secretary Regional Transport Authority and all the SDM’s have been told to ensure that all school buses/vehicles are checked. District Education Officers have been instructed to constitute a sufficient number of teams to check on the various schools to see if they are following the guidelines of the Safe School Vahan scheme.
Similarly, the District Child Protection Officer has also been assigned the duty to inspect the vehicles of different schools daily and send the report to the district administration for compliance with the said scheme. Mr Sandhu has issued a strict directive to the concerned authorities and school administrators, stating that whatever school does not implement the scheme in the proper sense, strict legal action will be taken on those who are neglected in this direction.
- Residents blame Ludhiana MC for ignoring fogging
- Mumbai: Two missing after a fishing boat carrying 13 fishermen capsizes
- Theatre doyen Ebrahim Alkazi who trained Naseeruddin Shah, Om Puri dies at 94
- Won’t spare any politician or public servant found complicit in hooch tragedy: Punjab CM
- Nitish Kumar recommends CBI probe in Sushant case, sets up a new row
- Covid-19: Indigenous Australian group blocks Uluru access route over pandemic fears
- Covid-19 will disappear with blessings of Lord Ram, says Shiv Sena ahead of ‘bhoomi pujan’ ceremony
- Kolkata airport operations will be suspended for 7 days in August due to Bengal lockdown
- Coronavirus lockdown study reports surge in health anxieties
- HC adjourns virtual hearings after heavy rainfall in Mumbai, hearings postponed to Wednesday
- Congress again reaches out to rebel Rajasthan MLAs, lists its only condition
- Kareena Kapoor, Kajol, Alia Bhatt, Tara Sutaria dress to impress for Rakhi 2020
- Early indicators of economic activity in July show improvement over June: Nomura
- Tripura CM in home quarantine after two family members test Covid positive
- Aam Aadmi Party to restructure Delhi unit with an eye on municipal polls: Gopal Rai