Special task force (STF) Ludhiana, arrested two people in case of drug peddling on Sunday. They recovered 190gm smack and 212gm heroin from their possession.
In the first case, the STF arrested Harmel Singh of Kot Gangu Rai village in Koom Kalan and recovered 190gm smack from him. Ludhiana STF in-charge inspector Harbans Singh said they arrested the accused, who worked at a feed factory in Kohara, near the Vardhman vegetable market following a tip-off. The accused told the STF that he, along with his accomplice Harmanjit Singh of Kuba village in Samrala, used to procure smack from Zirakpur and sell it among the addicts here. “Harmanjit used to contact the addicts, while Harmel would deliver the consignment to them,” he added.
In the second case, the STF arrested Ajay Kumar, 23, of Sanjay Gandhi Colony, and recovered 212 gm heroin. The STF nabbed the accused near a water tank on Chandigarh Road and also recovered an electronic weighing gadget and 45 empty packets from his possession.
The accused told the STF that he is an addict and indulged in peddling to fund his addiction. He said he procures heroin from a Haibowal resident. A case under Sections 21, 61 and 85 of the NDPS Act has been registered against the accused at the STF police station in Mohali.
- Residents blame Ludhiana MC for ignoring fogging
- Mumbai: Two missing after a fishing boat carrying 13 fishermen capsizes
- Theatre doyen Ebrahim Alkazi who trained Naseeruddin Shah, Om Puri dies at 94
- Won’t spare any politician or public servant found complicit in hooch tragedy: Punjab CM
- Nitish Kumar recommends CBI probe in Sushant case, sets up a new row
- Covid-19: Indigenous Australian group blocks Uluru access route over pandemic fears
- Covid-19 will disappear with blessings of Lord Ram, says Shiv Sena ahead of ‘bhoomi pujan’ ceremony
- Kolkata airport operations will be suspended for 7 days in August due to Bengal lockdown
- Coronavirus lockdown study reports surge in health anxieties
- HC adjourns virtual hearings after heavy rainfall in Mumbai, hearings postponed to Wednesday
- Congress again reaches out to rebel Rajasthan MLAs, lists its only condition
- Kareena Kapoor, Kajol, Alia Bhatt, Tara Sutaria dress to impress for Rakhi 2020
- Early indicators of economic activity in July show improvement over June: Nomura
- Tripura CM in home quarantine after two family members test Covid positive
- Aam Aadmi Party to restructure Delhi unit with an eye on municipal polls: Gopal Rai