With the advent of the festive season, traffic problem has become a daily thing. Due to wrong parking and long waiting lines, the citizens of Ludhiana are facing major trouble. In order to control the menace, the ADCP Gurpreet Singh Sikand and his team have registered 14 FIRs in 24 hours under Section 188 (Disobedience to order duly promulgated by public servant) and Section 283 (Danger or obstruction in public way or line of navigation). Rickshaw-pullers, shopkeepers, and rehriwalas were handed FIRs for violating the rules.
ADCP said that the main purpose of lodging the complaint is to control the traffic and avoid jams, especially during the festival season. He added that these drives will continue in future so that people of Ludhiana learn to drive in a disciplined manner. The police informed the public via their official Facebook and Twitter handle which stated that SHOs will keep a check on encroachments by shopkeepers and rehris in Ludhiana still there were 14 cases reported.
Apart from this, the police have issued a guideline to tackle snatchers and advised the public to not wear gold or heavy ornaments while going to temples, shopping places or densely packed markets. With the festive season going on, the department is patrolling areas with an aim to minimise crime but has requested citizens to play their part as well.
- Residents blame Ludhiana MC for ignoring fogging
- Mumbai: Two missing after a fishing boat carrying 13 fishermen capsizes
- Theatre doyen Ebrahim Alkazi who trained Naseeruddin Shah, Om Puri dies at 94
- Won’t spare any politician or public servant found complicit in hooch tragedy: Punjab CM
- Nitish Kumar recommends CBI probe in Sushant case, sets up a new row
- Covid-19: Indigenous Australian group blocks Uluru access route over pandemic fears
- Covid-19 will disappear with blessings of Lord Ram, says Shiv Sena ahead of ‘bhoomi pujan’ ceremony
- Kolkata airport operations will be suspended for 7 days in August due to Bengal lockdown
- Coronavirus lockdown study reports surge in health anxieties
- HC adjourns virtual hearings after heavy rainfall in Mumbai, hearings postponed to Wednesday
- Congress again reaches out to rebel Rajasthan MLAs, lists its only condition
- Kareena Kapoor, Kajol, Alia Bhatt, Tara Sutaria dress to impress for Rakhi 2020
- Early indicators of economic activity in July show improvement over June: Nomura
- Tripura CM in home quarantine after two family members test Covid positive
- Aam Aadmi Party to restructure Delhi unit with an eye on municipal polls: Gopal Rai