Twelve persons, including four pregnant women, today tested positive in Ludhiana district. Besides, four persons from other states also tested positive in hospitals of the city.
The patients include 37-year-old woman from Doraha who is a contact of a patient admitted to the CMCH, a 27-year-old pregnant woman from Islamganj, a 22-year-old pregnant woman from Badi Haibowal, a 23-year-old pregnant woman from Mundian and 24-year-old pregnant woman from Dashmesh Nagar.
The other patients are from New Deep Nagar at Civil Lines, Habibganj and VPO Jassowal.
A 27-year-old woman of Delhi, who works at a bank in Rauni village in Ludhiana district, also tested positive.
A 25-year-old resident of Fazilka, who had travelled to Gurgaon, and a 48-year-old woman of Kot Mangal, who is a patient of TB, also tested positive.
The husband of a pregnant woman from Prem Nagar, who is a Covid patient, also tested positive.
A 60-year-old cancer patient admitted to the Fortis hospital here also tested positive.
Of three patients tested positive at the DMCH, two are from Ludhiana district.
New guidelines for phased reopening from June 8
Meanwhile, the Punjab Government today issued guidelines for phased reopening of places of worship, hotels, restaurants and other hospitality services and shopping malls. Religious places, hotels, restaurants and other hospitality services and shopping malls are allowed to open with effect from June 8.
COVA app must for entering malls
For malls, every person entering the mall shall have COVA app on his phone. But in case of a family, they will be permitted to enter the mall if any one of them has COVA app on his phone. Loitering in the mall will not be allowed. Entry into the mall shall be based on the token system. Ideally, a maximum time limit for a person/group of persons entering the mall should also be enforced.
Takeaway, home delivery by restaurants
Similarly, the restaurants shall only be allowed to open for takeaway and home delivery as of now. There would be no “dine-in’ facility till further orders. Home delivery may be allowed till 8 pm. The situation will be reviewed on June 15.
Food allowed in hotel rooms
With regard to hotels and other hospitality units, food will be served only in rooms. The guests would be allowed to enter and leave hotel premises between 9 pm and 5 am based on their schedule of travel by flight/train. The air/train ticket would serve as a curfew pass for one-time movement of these guests to and from the hotel during the curfew hours (9 pm to 5 am).
Religious places open
Religious places shall remain open only between 5 am and 8 pm and the maximum number of persons at the time of worship shall not exceed 20. Due distancing should be maintained and worship time should be staggered in smaller groups. The managements of these places shall ensure hand hygiene, social distancing and wearing of masks. There shall be no distribution of prasad, food and serving of food/langar.
The Deputy Commissioner said any violation of these guidelines shall be punishable under sections 51 to 60 of the Disaster Management Act 2005, besides legal action under section 188 of the Indian Penal Code (IPC).
- Residents blame Ludhiana MC for ignoring fogging
- Mumbai: Two missing after a fishing boat carrying 13 fishermen capsizes
- Theatre doyen Ebrahim Alkazi who trained Naseeruddin Shah, Om Puri dies at 94
- Won’t spare any politician or public servant found complicit in hooch tragedy: Punjab CM
- Nitish Kumar recommends CBI probe in Sushant case, sets up a new row
- Covid-19: Indigenous Australian group blocks Uluru access route over pandemic fears
- Covid-19 will disappear with blessings of Lord Ram, says Shiv Sena ahead of ‘bhoomi pujan’ ceremony
- Kolkata airport operations will be suspended for 7 days in August due to Bengal lockdown
- Coronavirus lockdown study reports surge in health anxieties
- HC adjourns virtual hearings after heavy rainfall in Mumbai, hearings postponed to Wednesday
- Congress again reaches out to rebel Rajasthan MLAs, lists its only condition
- Kareena Kapoor, Kajol, Alia Bhatt, Tara Sutaria dress to impress for Rakhi 2020
- Early indicators of economic activity in July show improvement over June: Nomura
- Tripura CM in home quarantine after two family members test Covid positive
- Aam Aadmi Party to restructure Delhi unit with an eye on municipal polls: Gopal Rai