MBD Group, India’s largest education and leading hospitality company conducted a month long series of CSR activities in Ludhiana to observe the 10th Remembrance Day (Death Anniversary) of the legendary leader and founder Sh. Ashok Kumar Malhotra.
Sh. Ashok Kumar Malhotra was a true visionary and an exceptionally gifted leader whose entrepreneurial abilities have enabled the company to achieve leadership position and attain new milestones. He also strongly believed in the philosophy of working for the needy and giving back to the society in all possible way. To remember his great deeds and contribution to the Group & the society as a whole, around MBD’ians came together and paid rich tribute to their Founder by conducting various CSR activities.
The event started by paying tribute to the founder by the staff of MBD Neopolis Mall and Radisson Blu Hotel MBD Ludhiana and two minutes silence was observed by the staff members. The staff also distributed around 500 clothes to the underprivileged and vulnerable children in the slum areas at Pahkowal area, Rajguru Nagar, Ferozpur road, BRS Nagar and to beggars outside the Durga Mata Temple, Jagron bridge with an aim of making a noticeable difference in their lives and provide support they would have otherwise been devoid of. The month long CSR programme across all business verticals of MBD was focused on supporting and encouraging such meaningful deeds.
On the occasion, Mrs. Satish Bala Malhotra, Chairperson, MBD Group said, “Ashokji always believed in equality, worked diligently towards the empowerment of the less privileged and making difference in the lives of the people through his work. He has given us the values of ethic and hard work and it is our endeavor to ensure that we work towards his vision. Through our CSR activities, we wish to take forward his vision and ethos and will continue to give back to the society”.
Ms. Monica Malhotra Kandhari, MD, MBD Group, said, “My father has always been a great leader, a visionary and a philanthropist at heart. His life has been an inspiration for many and it will keep inspiring many more. He always believed in himself and his team and today we as his teammates are proud to be a part of MBD Group. Through these CSR activities, we are trying to take his legacy forward following his values and ethics for life”.
Ms. Sonica Malhotra, Joint Managing Director, MBD Group said, “This special day serves as a perfect opportunity to remember our Founder’s vision and ethos and leverage the brand legacy that he has created as it will serve as a benchmark for setting new milestones and taking the Group to newer heights. We wish to follow his footsteps of helping the needy and underprivileged in every possible way and contribute towards making our community a better place to live in”.
- Residents blame Ludhiana MC for ignoring fogging
- Mumbai: Two missing after a fishing boat carrying 13 fishermen capsizes
- Theatre doyen Ebrahim Alkazi who trained Naseeruddin Shah, Om Puri dies at 94
- Won’t spare any politician or public servant found complicit in hooch tragedy: Punjab CM
- Nitish Kumar recommends CBI probe in Sushant case, sets up a new row
- Covid-19: Indigenous Australian group blocks Uluru access route over pandemic fears
- Covid-19 will disappear with blessings of Lord Ram, says Shiv Sena ahead of ‘bhoomi pujan’ ceremony
- Kolkata airport operations will be suspended for 7 days in August due to Bengal lockdown
- Coronavirus lockdown study reports surge in health anxieties
- HC adjourns virtual hearings after heavy rainfall in Mumbai, hearings postponed to Wednesday
- Congress again reaches out to rebel Rajasthan MLAs, lists its only condition
- Kareena Kapoor, Kajol, Alia Bhatt, Tara Sutaria dress to impress for Rakhi 2020
- Early indicators of economic activity in July show improvement over June: Nomura
- Tripura CM in home quarantine after two family members test Covid positive
- Aam Aadmi Party to restructure Delhi unit with an eye on municipal polls: Gopal Rai