People should follow govt directions & stay indoors: Deputy Commissioner
Ludhiana: Deputy Commissioner Pradeep Kumar Agrawal today informed that a total of 10 positive cases have been reported in district Ludhiana in last 24 hours time. Out of these 10, seven are family members of the patient who passed away at DMCH yesterday and was a resident of Chawni Mohalla, while the other two (one each from district Ludhiana and district Gurdaspur) are inmates of Central Jail Ludhiana. One patient had got admitted at Mohan Dai Oswal Hospital for some other disease, and when his sample was sent for testing, that patient has tested positive for COVID 19.
He further said that till date, a total of 7463 samples have been taken, out of which report of 6853 samples has been received, of 6569 samples is negative and report of 610 samples is pending. He said that now, the total number of patients related to Ludhiana is 194, while 90 patients are related to other districts/states. He said that unfortunately 8 people from Ludhiana and 6 from other districts have lost their lives. He said that 149 patients related to district Ludhiana have been discharged from hospital after treatment.
He informed that till date, 6865 persons have been kept under home quarantine in the district and at present, the number of such persons is 1897. Today, 118 persons were sent for home quarantine.
He said that whenever District Administration and Health Department Ludhiana finds out that about any positive or suspected COVID 19 person, their samples are immediately sent for testing. Similarly, 541 samples of suspected patients were sent for testing today and their results are expected shortly. He appealed to the residents to follow all directions of the Punjab government and if they would stay indoors, they would not only stay safe themselves, but would also contribute in keeping everyone around safe.
Civil Surgeon Dr Rajesh Kumar Bagga informed that as per directions of the Punjab government, any person not wearing mask would be fined Rs 500, if any bus owner, car owner or auto rickshaw/two-wheeler owner does not follow social distancing rules, then they would be fined Rs 3,000, Rs 2,000 and Rs 500 respectively. Any person breaking home quarantine would be fined Rs 2,000 and any person spitting in public place would be fined Rs 500.
- Messages claiming Iran nuclear site fire deepen mystery
- Arunachal Pradesh CM Pema Khandu says Indian Army will raise three porter companies in the state
- Tamil Nadu Covid-19 tally crosses 1 lakh mark
- Not in favour of withdrawing case against Italian marines from SC: Kerala CM Pinarayi Vijayan
- Earthquake of magnitude 4.7 hits Alwar in Rajasthan; tremors felt in north India, Delhi-NCR
- Govt’s locust operation covers 1.33 lakh hectares in North, West India
- Fantasy sports firms expect strong comeback as live sports resumes in empty stadiums
- Germany is first major economy to phase out coal and nuclear
- Sonia Gandhi writes to PM seeking extension of OBC reservation in all-India quota of medical seats
- Sonia writes to PM on denial of reservation to OBCs in state medical colleges
- Earthquake measuring 4.7 on Richter scale hits Delhi-NCR
- UP Congress leaders want Priyanka Gandhi to shift base to Lucknow
- Train hits bus carrying Sikh pilgrims in Pakistan: 20 dead
- PM Modi meets soldiers injured in Galwan Valley clash, says they make 130 cr Indians proud
- Government launches ‘Swachh Survekshan 2021’; states also to be ranked
English14 hours ago
Horoscope Today: Astrological prediction for July 3, what’s in store for Aries, Gemini, Cancer, Leo and other zodiac signs
English21 hours ago
Uncertainty sees companies suspending guidance
English13 hours ago
Eight UP police personnel killed in encounter with criminals in Kanpur
English7 hours ago
‘Not the era for expansionism’: PM Modi’s harsh message to China from Ladakh
English24 hours ago
Eastern Ladakh standoff: India expects China to ensure expeditious restoration of peace
English22 hours ago
Congress, NCP upset with Uddhav Thackeray for reimposing lockdown
English23 hours ago
Amit Shah meets CMs of UP, Haryana, Delhi; discusses COVID-19 situation
English23 hours ago
We’re optimistic about a V-shaped recovery in India: Expenditure Secretary TV Somanathan