The police have arrested 10 persons in parts of the city for violation of prohibitory orders during the lockdown. Those arrested have been charged under section 188/269/270 of the IPC (violation of prohibitory orders and act of negligence likely to spread infection). In some cases, section 336 of the IPC (endangering life or personal safety of others) and section 51 of the Disaster Management Act (non-compliance of directions of government) have also been slapped.
Most offenders were held by the police for moving on roads without masks and violating lockdown orders from 7 pm to 7 am. One of the violators was holding a function in a restaurant in violation of the prohibitory orders.
The police said the persons taken in custody for violations included Neeraj Sethi from Mali Ganj, Ashwini Kumar from Ved Mandir, Daresi, Manjit Singh near Jain Liquor Vend, Amarpal Singh from Chimney Road, Pankaj Kumar from Kailash Cinema Chowk, Avinash Sharma from Tagore Nagar, Jasbant Singh from Gole Market, Sonu from Bhai Bala Chowk, Arvind Puri from Ghumar Mandi and Surjit Kumar from Aarti Chowk.
- From ED to TEDx- a walk-through of stories talking about Being One this Dec 2020!
- Residents blame Ludhiana MC for ignoring fogging
- Mumbai: Two missing after a fishing boat carrying 13 fishermen capsizes
- Theatre doyen Ebrahim Alkazi who trained Naseeruddin Shah, Om Puri dies at 94
- Won’t spare any politician or public servant found complicit in hooch tragedy: Punjab CM
- Nitish Kumar recommends CBI probe in Sushant case, sets up a new row
- Covid-19: Indigenous Australian group blocks Uluru access route over pandemic fears
- Covid-19 will disappear with blessings of Lord Ram, says Shiv Sena ahead of ‘bhoomi pujan’ ceremony
- Kolkata airport operations will be suspended for 7 days in August due to Bengal lockdown
- Coronavirus lockdown study reports surge in health anxieties
- HC adjourns virtual hearings after heavy rainfall in Mumbai, hearings postponed to Wednesday
- Congress again reaches out to rebel Rajasthan MLAs, lists its only condition
- Kareena Kapoor, Kajol, Alia Bhatt, Tara Sutaria dress to impress for Rakhi 2020
- Early indicators of economic activity in July show improvement over June: Nomura
- Tripura CM in home quarantine after two family members test Covid positive